Anna Volkmer and Chris Hardy will be running the London Marathon on Sunday 3rd October 2021. This is the (twice!) rescheduled event that we were originally due to take part in back in April 2020.
The National Brain Appeal has raised funds for RDS since the support groups were established. The charity is supporting the expansion of this service through its dedicated fund over the next three years.
Alongside this, it is also launching a capital appeal to create a permanent home for RDS in the form of the world’s first Centre for Rare Dementia Support near Queen Square. We are raising funds to help establish this Centre.
The Centre will:
- Support: guide and empower people living with rare dementias and their families.
- Educate and train: for professionals (such as speech therapists, nurses, physiotherapists, opticians and GPs) who work with people living with rare dementias.
- Research: research the impact of support services on people living with rare dementias: both for people with a diagnosis, and for their carers and families.
The Centre will be an example of how best to support those living with a rare dementia, through the involvement of members in research. It will lead in the bespoke education of families, and healthcare and other relevant professionals on rare dementias.
Their fundraising goal is £5000. If you would like to support the Rare Dementia Support Centre help them reach their target, please donate here:Donate now on Just Giving
Add your fundraising page
If you would like to add your fundraising page to the listings please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Name, where you work and what you’re researching / Twitter name (if you have one)
- Which Charity you’re raising money for
- What you’re doing and when
- The link to your donation page
- A picture of yourself
We aim to add all the details within a few days, and will share on our social media channels.