The objective of the Foundation for Research on Alzheimer Disease is to contribute to the development of research in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. As part of its efforts to achieve this objective, the Foundation wishes to award an annual prize, based on a choice made by its “Comité Scientifique”, called the European Grand Prix for Young Researcher which is designed to support and encourage a young researcher whose research projects are promising.
The aim of the Grand Prix which will have €10 000 of funding, is to:
- personally reward the winning researcher to the tune of €5 000;
- provide the laboratory to which the winning researcher is attached with €5 000 of operating funds.
Participation in the competition is confined to researchers who are nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union or EFTA (or having an unlimited residence permit in one of these countries) and working in laboratories located in one of the Member States of the European Union or EFTA.
Conditions for entering the Grand Prix
The European Grand Prix for Young Researcher is open solely to researchers who:
- are involved in a research project in the area of Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders;
- to be 40 years old or less;
- are nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union or EFTA (or having an unlimited residence permit in one of these countries);
- work in a laboratory located in a Member State of the European Union or EFTA;
- have completed and submitted a full application within the prescribed period;
- do not belong to the team do not belong to the team of the member of the Science Committee who nominates him/her.
For more information on the committee and its work visit: https://alzheimer-recherche.org/recherche/nos-actions-2/synergies-europeennes/
Institutions / Supervisors should send a list of candidates to Anne-Sophie Francois email@example.com / +33 1 42 17 75 19 ideally before January 7th, 2019. This person will help the candidates to fulfill the appropriate documents.