- This event has passed.
FENS Friday webinar: “Brains on Sleep”
June 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Have you ever wondered what our brains do while we are sleeping? Do all brains sleep the same? What makes their experiences differ from one another and what are the determining factors?
Register for the new FENS Friday webinar “Brains on Sleep” and delve into the fascinating world of sleep research and its different states and functions.
Don’t even think about missing out on this exciting opportunity to learn more about one of the most essential aspects of our lives. You will be able to find answers to all your questions regarding sleep, brain activity during sleep and other related topics during the Q&A session.
- Sleep circuits in the mammalian brain
- Sleep and brain plasticity – learning from the hippocampus
- The sentinel brain: sensing the world while we sleep
- The neural correlates of dreaming and of other conscious experiences during sleep
Meet the speakers!
- Antoine Adamantidis (CH), University of Bern – Moderator
- Sara Aton (USA), University of Michigan
- Giorgio F. Gilestro (UK), Imperial College London
- Francesca Siclari (NL), The Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience