- This event has passed.
Lausanne X Workshop
October 10 - October 12
Lausanne X is organised under the auspices of the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) and supported by The Global CEO Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease (CEOi), Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI), and The World Economic Forum. The workshop is a world stage for solutions-oriented dialogue on Alzheimer’s-related efforts and is a platform for Alzheimer’s stakeholders to report on progress, hold each other accountable, align on opportunities for collaboration, and drive change.
This series of workshops was launched in 2014, as a response to the challenge articulated at the UK G8 Dementia Summit, to stop dementia by 2025. It takes place each year in Lausanne, Switzerland and brings together Global Alzheimer’s stakeholders. At the 2022 edition, delegates participated in solution-oriented discussions on the most critical barriers and opportunities to advance innovation in Alzheimer’s disease today. Following two days of discussions, presentations, and deliberations, stakeholders called for urgent attention in nine critical areas.
These are the opportunities they highlighted, for collaboration and action, to deliver innovations to patients globally:
- accelerate the development of therapeutics that are precise, widely accessible, and clinically meaningful
- prioritise prevention by forging public-private collaborations to accelerate vaccine development, and set the goal for a vaccine to be on market by 2030
- pave the way for implementation of diagnostic advances in clinical practice
- achieve an inclusive response to Alzheimer’s disease
- support platforms that extend our global reach to address gaps in research
- support mechanisms that enable follow-through on global commitments
- align regulators to various approaches of clinical development to maximize benefit for patients
- develop patient-centred value frameworks that maximise societal benefit
- build comprehensive implementation strategies to prepare healthcare systems for transformative improvements in Alzheimer’s treatment and care.
Please note that requesting registration does not guarantee admission to the event. You will be notified by a member of the Lausanne X team if your request is approved.