22/11 Implementing the Mental Capacity Act in practice (Mental Capacity Assessments)
The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme is accepting stage one applications to this funding opportunity.
This HSDR Programme call is for high-quality research on how the Mental Capacity Act (2005) has been implemented in practice across health and social care organisations. The programme welcomes applications for cross-UK studies. The main aim is to provide an overview and evaluation of the implementation of Mental Capacity Act assessments, training and assessment tools, and to understand the impacts on people using health and care services.
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
- Commissioning brief
- Supporting information
- Stage 1 guidance notes
- HSDR programme supporting information for applicants
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the TSC/SSC Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage one deadline: 1pm on 19 July 2022
- Notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful:mid-August 2022
- Notification of stage one shortlisting decision: 29 September 2022
- Stage two writing window: late September to late November 2022
- Notification of stage two funding decision: mid February 2023
- Start date for funded studies: 1 June/July 2023
A webinar will be held to support this call in late February/early March 2022. Further details and registration information will be posted here shortly.
Visit funding web page