The Health Education England (HEE) / National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical and Practitioner Academic (ICA) Advanced Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (ACAF) supports post-doctoral researchers to develop their academic career whilst developing their health or care career.
The scheme replaces the ICA Clinical Lectureship and Senior Clinical Lectureship schemes and offers increased opportunity for post-doctoral applicants to the ICA Programme.
Applicants for an ACAF may:
- have recently completed or soon be awarded a PhD but have yet to establish themselves as an independent researcher
- be starting to establish themselves as an independent researcher
- already be established as an independent researcher but have yet to be recognised as an international leader in their field
- be seeking to re-establish their research career following a significant career break
- be seeking to re-establish their research career following time back in health or care practice.
Applicants for an ACAF must hold registration with one of the ICA approved regulatory bodies or have plans in place to hold the required registration by the proposed award start date. Full eligibility criteria will be available through the Applicant Guidance Notes when the competition opens.
Closes: 13:00 on 09 June 2022
Visit funding web page