Now open for applications
- Our Advancing Applied Analytics programme is aimed at improving analytical capability in support of health and care services.
- We have £750,000 of funding to support up to 12 project teams across the UK over 15 months.
- The programme is now open for applications and the closing date is 1 May 2018.
Good quality analysis and the ability to use information effectively is an essential element in any learning health care system. Analysis can help shape care for individual patients as well as informing decisions for services or across organisations and health systems.
The Health Foundation’s Advancing Applied Analytics programme aims to improve analytical capability in support of health and care services.
We are looking to support analysts who are working on local innovative and ambitious projects that can demonstrate how they will improve analytical capability in support of health and care services and provide lessons for the wider care system.
In the second round of this programme we have £750,000 of funding to support up to 12 good quality projects that:
- improve analytical capability and can show how this will support better care in the future
- are led by a local/regional NHS or social care provider or commissioning organisation including local authorities, though partnerships with other groups and sectors are welcome
- could benefit from funding of up to £75,000 per project
- starts no later than October 2018 for a maximum duration of 15 months.
We are not focusing on specific themes but are willing to consider applications from a broad range of areas, provided these can demonstrate improvements in analytical capability. We are especially interested in projects that address the capability deficiencies we identified in our report Understanding analytical capability in health care. For example:
- better understand and structure the problems faced by managers/clinicians
- access and understand the evidence and information that can be brought to bear on a problem
- apply appropriate and robust methods to manipulate information and data
- communicate findings accurately and clearly.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the Advancing Applied Analytics programme, please go through the following steps to complete your application.
1. Important supporting information
All applicants must download and read the following three supporting documents in full before applying for this programme:
- Notes for applicants – Information about the programme, selection criteria and timelines
- Frequently asked questions
- Application form guidance – Guidance for applicants on completing the application form
2. The application process
The online application form will require you to supply information to meet all the selection criteria outlined in the Notes for applicants.
Applicants must also provide a declaration of signatures from the lead organisation. This needs to be completed and uploaded to section 8 of the online application.
All applications must be completed and submitted via our online system AIMS.
Full guidance on accessing, completing and submitting your application via AIMS can be found in the Applicant user guide. We recommend that you keep a copy of this manual to hand to refer to while you complete your application.
The deadline for online applications is noon, Tuesday 1 May 2018. The online application portal will not accept submissions after this time.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and must be available from Monday 9 to Friday 13 July 2018. Interviewed applicants will be advised of the outcome by Friday 27 July 2018.
Please note: If you have any queries about the programme or application process, and any technical issues please email email@example.com.
Visit funding web page