Call status: Open
Application deadline: apply at any time*
*at least 12 weeks before the proposed start of the project
Funded through responsive mode
This award is run jointly with Brazil’s São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP). See the guidance notes for more details.
- To pump-prime collaborations between scientists in the UK and the São Paulo State, Brazil
- To promote the exchange of scientists and access to facilities and materials
- To encourage applications under the UK Research and Innovation-FAPESP lead agency agreement
- To enhance food security and bioenergy and industrial biotechnology research in the UK and Brazil.
- Typically up to £35,000 over two years will be provided for the UK partners
- FAPESP will provide similar funding to Brazilian scientists
- Funds are mainly for networking and travel costs, but some modest research costs may be included (see guidance)
- Research groups should try and access other sources of funding in addition to the FAPPA
- Brazilian partners may wish to explore additional mutual funding.
Applications are reviewed internally against the following criteria:
- The value added to science through the partnership by enhancing priority areas
- The future joint research likely to accrue from the collaboration. Particularly applications under the UK Research and Innovation-FAPESP MoU (see external link)
- The uniqueness of the opportunity and expertise of the partners
- The opportunities for early career scientist exchanges
- Whether the collaboration is a new linkage or an ongoing partnership (if collaboration is ongoing, what new aspects are brought to the partnership)
- The level of the contribution made by the UK and Brazilian institutions towards the development of the award
- The relevance of the partnership to food security and/or bioenergy and industrial biotechnology research funded by BBSRC.
- Open to current BBSRC research grant holders and researchers employed at institutes of BBSRC who are in receipt of BBSRC funding (see guidance)
- Consortia of academics may apply, with one person acting as the lead.
How to apply
- Please read the guidance notes below
- Complete an online application through the Je-S system
- For further support please visit Je-S Helpdesk.
Visit funding web page