NIHR Global Health Research Groups
NIHR will be launching a fourth call for Global Health Research Groups on 31 August 2022.
The guidance notes, published when the call opens, will provide details of this call. If you would like notification of when this call is live, please sign up to receive our Funding and Support bulletin and funding alerts. Remit information is available on our website.
For more information please email email@example.com
The Global Health Research Groups programme funds research to
- Build global research capacity by supporting specialist UK researchers to pivot to global health through new equitable and diverse UK-LMIC partnerships and networks.
- Support UK-LMIC partnerships seeking to expand research programmes into new health areas and/or geographies.
- Deliver high quality applied global health research targeted at the needs of people in LMICs, including e.g., scoping studies, needs analyses, economic analyses, pilot studies and potentially trials.
- Generate robust new scientific evidence that will improve health outcomes for people in low resource settings through improving practice and informing policy.
- Develop research leaders of the future and strengthen research management capability to support sustainability in partner countries.
Global Health Research Group funding is available to research groups either new to delivering applied health research globally or that wish to expand an existing partnership.
Visit funding web page