The NIHR In-Practice Fellowship (IPF) provides pre-doctoral academic training to fully-qualified general practitioners, general dental practitioners, and community dentists. The fellowship funds:
- up to £4,500 for a personalised programme of academic training
- salary costs for 50% of awardees’ time (based on clinical experience) over 24 months (or longer if part-time)
- up to £1,000 for conference attendance (fees and travel and subsistence)
Awardees’ time should be split equally between a clinical position and the academic training funded through the award. Applicants should have a guaranteed clinical placement for 50% of the working week from the time the award starts.
Academic training can include:
- formal courses, such as a Masters degree or Masters modules
- training in specialist skills
- research methodologies
The IPF can support the preparation of a doctoral-level research training fellowship application. All applicants should demonstrate a commitment to a career as a clinical academic.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
Visit funding web page