The NIHR Research for Social Care (RfSC) call invites proposals for research to address important social care questions around mental health in Northern England.
- The RfSC call is inviting proposals from eligible research teams to better understand and manage the social care consequences of mental health conditions.
- We are particularly interested in populations in Northern England where there is a social care need and which has been historically underserved by research activity. Host organisations should be based in Northern England, however collaborators outside of the North are welcome to apply.
- This additional RfSC call is an important part of the Department of Health and Social Care’s ongoing interest in strengthening mental health research in less well supported areas.
- The call offers researchers considerable flexibility to focus on any subject area or topic providing that it falls within the Mental Health Call remit.
- Applications should be co-produced with service commissioners, providers, carers and service users wherever appropriate to better ensure findings are of immediate utility in policy and practice.
- The call is for proposals up to £350,000 for a period of up to 36 months.
How to apply
RfSC has a two-stage commissioning process. Please see the mental health call specification and RfSC call specification for further details. The criteria used by the assessing committee will reflect standard RfSC criteria as detailed in the specification.
Applicants must submit an online application via the Central Commissioning Facility (CCF) Research Management System (RMS). Please refer to the Stage 1 Guidance for Applicants before completing an application form.
A Word version of the online application form (.DOCX – Word) is available and can be used to assist research teams developing an application. Please note the Word form cannot be submitted as an application. Only applications submitted online via the CCF RMS will be accepted, however information can be copied from the Word template into the online application form.
The deadline for this call is 13:00 on 19 October 2021. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact the local Research Design Service for the initial assessment and advice.
For general and scientific queries relating to the call, including queries relating to the administrative process of applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit funding web page