Postdoctoral fellow 3-years 100% position in Ziaei group
About the position
Dr Ziaei group at the Kavli Institute for System Neuroscience (KISN) explores the structural and functional neural networks underlying social and emotional processing in aging. They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic post-doctoral fellow to join the lab in Fall 2021 to help better understand the emotional and brain changes that occur in aging.
More specifically, Dr Ziaei’s group aims to explore how individual differences in cognitive functions and biological markers influence brain networks involved in processing social and emotional cues in the environment. They are running a multi-component, longitudinal, comprehensive study to explore biological, neural, and behavioral responses to social and emotional cues. Additionally, we are interested to investigate if these factors contribute to mental health among older adults.
Duties of the position
The post-doctoral fellow will be involved in different aspects of this project, including the design of the project, data collection (fMRI and behavioral testing), data analysis and writing publications. Additionally, there is an opportunity for the postdoc to work on the existing dataset or generate new project, within the scope of the lab.
Required selection criteria
A postdoctoral research fellowships is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions. You must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, post doctor and research assistant.
- A PhD in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields
- Expertise in design and analyses of fMRI data (preferably task-based fMRI data)
- Expertise in univariate analyses (e.g., SPM, FSL) and programming (e.g., R and Matlab)
- Experience in multivariate analyses and network analyses
- Excellent academic record with scientific publication in relevant fields
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in analyzing large MRI dataset
- Familiarity with analyses of structural MRI data (volumetric and/or DTI analyses)
- Research experience with older adults’ population
To apply for this job please visit www.jobbnorge.no.