Research Assistant – Clinical Psychology / Imaging
Imperial College London – Department of Surgery and Cancer – Faculty of Medicine
The post will be based within the Division of Cancer and will work closely with the Division of Brain Sciences, Department of Medicine at Imperial College London.
Dr Laura Kenny leads a programme of novel molecular imaging techniques in oncology. This BRC funded project will form part of a new collaboration between the Division of Cancer and Division of Brain Sciences. The research programme in Imperial College Memory Research Centre, is led by Dr Paul Edison and focuses on Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment, and other causes of dementia and cognitive impairment. This new post will evaluate cognitive impairment in patients undergoing treatment for cancer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You should be very driven with adequate experience in neuropsychological evaluation. Apart from performing neuropsychometric evaluation and data collection, you will work with colleagues in Imperial College Memory Research Centre in the department of Brain Sciences with research programmes in neuroimaging in neurodegenerative disorders using cutting edge technology of PET and MRI and to develop novel techniques of image processing and analysis of complex multimodal data including machine learning. You will also evaluate the interactions between different PET and MRI imaging markers with genetics and other biofluids. You will be expected to submit publications to refereed journals and to attract external research funding. Candidates who are planning to pursue a PhD later on are encouraged to apply.
Other duties include:
- To take initiatives in the planning of research, writing manuscripts
- To direct the work of small research teams
- To drive patient recruitment and submit regulatory documents
- To identify and develop suitable techniques for the analysis of data
- To conduct data analysis, writing up manuscripts, review articles
- To ensure the validity and reliability of data at all times
We are looking for an ambitious individual who has a Master’s degree in Psychology / Neuroimaging or closely related discipline and significant experience in neuropsychology and neuroimaging.
Other essential requirements include:
- Experience in working independently in a research lab
- Experience in mouse handling / phenotyping / physiology
- Expertise in cell culture
- Ability to develop and apply new concepts
The post is full time and fixed term for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, and is based at Hammersmith Campus, East Acton.
If you have any queries on this role please contact Dr Laura Kenny (email@example.com).
To apply for this job please visit www.imperial.ac.uk.