Research Associate in Epigenetics – UK Dementia Research Institute
Imperial College London – Department of Brain Sciences
The research group of Dr Nathan Skene in the UK DRI at Imperial College London addresses key questions about the mechanisms of neurodegenerative disease. In a series of recent publications in Nature Genetics, the lab has demonstrated that single cell RNA-seq data from mice can be used to identify the cell types associated with genetic risk factors for neurodegenerative disease. We aim to develop single cell epigenetic techniques, such as ATAC-seq and CUT&TAG, to enhance our ability to map intergenic loci to cell type specific features.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- To learn and apply suitable techniques for the analysis of complex genomic data
- To conduct and interpret data analysis, and prepare suitable summary outputs of the analysis
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all findings using electronic notebooks and version-controlled systems
- Work with PIs to develop novel research concepts, approaches and tools
- Integrate multiple methods as part of well-designed research plans that efficiently address and resolve fundamental research questions
- Creatively adapt available tools or resources to meet experimental challenges
- Seek and lead on external collaborations to harness additional external expert resources or tools
- Research Associate: Hold a PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a closely related discipline, or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience
- Research Assistant: Near completion of a PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a closely related discipline, or equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience
- Evidence for mastery of laboratory-based molecular biology skills
- Experience with some genomic techniques including but not limited to ATAC-seq, RNA-seq, DNase-seq, MNase-seq, CUT&TAG, CUT&RUN, Radicl-seq or Hi-C.
This is a Full Time and Fixed Term contract being offered initially for 12 months with potential for extension for a further 5 years.
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the salary range £36,694 – £39,888 per annum.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Dr Nathan Skene for informal discussion about the role at email@example.com
For more information about the UK DRI at Imperial, please visit: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/dementia-research-institute
Dr Skene’s research website: https://www.neurogenomics.co.uk/
The UK Dementia Research Institute: https://ukdri.ac.uk/
Should you have queries about applying for the role, please contact Dr Jennifer Podesta firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28 Nov 2021
Job Ref No: MED02809
To apply for this job please visit www.imperial.ac.uk.