Website SwanseaUni Swansea University
Closing date: 18th June
The purpose of the role is to support Swansea University’s role within the Dementias Platform UK (DPUK) collaboration, a £53 million pound public-private Medical Research Council funded endeavour to create a wide reaching and innovative dementias research facility, incorporating different research disciplines from stem-cell research to data analysis. DPUK is a world leading resource for person focussed dementias research designed to fast-track scientific understanding, treatments and the prevention of the disease.
The successful applicant will join DPUK to direct a programme of research to develop and utilise the imaging platform and produce robust high quality research suitable for publication in academic journals. The successful candidate will also take responsibility for ensuring data is uploaded and standardised and support researchers in the use of the imaging data.
- A Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or an equivalent relevant qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of engagement, personal role, and contribution to writing and publishing research papers, particularly for refereed journals
- Evidence of the capacity for engagement in designing research and writing, or contributing to writing, applications for external research funding
- Ability to demonstrate significant independence of focus and direction in research – determining ’what, why, when and with whom’ to progress work
- Demonstrate ability to conduct research in line with the objectives of the project
- Evidence of planning skills and research project management experience, including the ability to manage own research and administrative activities in order to meet project deadlines, with less requirement for supervision
- Experience of writing code or contributing to the development of software in a high-level programming language
- Experience of working with neuroimaging data
- Evidence of the use of data visualisation techniques and methods to produce outputs from research for various audiences
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent written and oral communication
- A higher or post graduate degree in a relevant subject
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Experience of working within the field of Dementia
- Experience of Machine Learning/AI techniques
For further information please contact Emma Squires firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Research Officer (swansea.ac.uk)
To apply for this job please visit www.swansea.ac.uk.