The NIHR needs an exceptional and passionate individual to become a Research Officer and join their team at the NIHR Central Commissioning Facility.
At the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) we enable and deliver world-class research that transforms people’s lives, promotes economic growth and advances science. They manage public investment in excess of £450million per annum and provide bespoke expertise to charitable and commercial organisations to get the most out of their research funding.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for delivering the application process across a portfolio of schemes and awards by managing applications through to committee, handling queries, advising on and promoting specific funding schemes and preparing meeting papers.
- You will be managing the peer review process, through the identification of appropriate referees and panel members.
- You will be joining a high performing, fast paced and friendly team who work together to achieve common aims. As well as our standard scheme portfolio you’ll get to deliver government priority research such as long COVID, Dementia, Mental Health, Artificial Intelligence and Health Inequalities (all recent calls).
What you’ll be able to bring to the role:
- You will have administrative, secretariat, project or process-driven experience.
- You will be eager to develop a career in research funding management and you will be keen to understand the governance and process involved in award decision making.
- You will have the ability to gather information systematically from multiple sources, analyse the results and present findings.
- You will be in regular communication with a range of people at all levels, including NIHR colleagues, funding committee meeting participants and the research community so you will need to be a confident and clear communicator both orally and in writing.
- You will have excellent attention to detail and good computing skills using a range of systems, with experience of using Microsoft and/or Google packages to a good standard
- Educated to A-level or degree level (relevant field desirable but not essential)
The NIHR Central Commissioning Facility manages a number of research funding programmes, faculty and infrastructure. We are hosted by LGC Group.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Hybrid working between home and their Twickenham office.
To apply for this job please visit lgcgroup-jobs.sabacloud.com.