The Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center (MADC) is seeking a full time Research Technician Associate to join its research team. Location is at the Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center in Ann Arbor where there is free staff parking. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
We are seeking a positive, highly motivated, organized, autonomous person with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills to work with principal investigators and other research team members to accurately and efficiently carry out a range of tasks associated with research studies. The candidate will be able to operate in a semi-independent manner to assist in clinical research and related projects. The characteristic duties and responsibilities of this position may evolve over time to match changing needs and priorities.
- Central point of contact for research diagnosis feedback-related calls to research participants in the MADC Feedback Outcomes Study and other affiliated projects.
- Answer questions and relay information to feedback clinicians. Coordinate with the MADC Clinical, Outreach, Recruitment, and Engagement, and Neuroimaging Core research staff regarding intersecting scheduling needs
- Schedule all feedback appointments at the time of the research evaluation
- Administer the Post Evaluation Survey to participants at time of feedback scheduling
- Consent interested participants for the Feedback Outcomes Study (also at the time they are scheduled for their feedback session)
- Print and send reports/resource packets and coordinate with other research teams for MADC Wellness Program enrollment
- Follow up with clinicians outside the study team for feedback tracking and electronic data entry (REDCap)
- Work directly with participants in the Feedback Outcomes Study to complete follow-up surveys
- Perform data entry and collaborate with the Data Core team on data quality assurance
- Attend weekly research consensus meetings and take feedback-related notes
- Assist the PI with IRB submissions and other regulatory procedures
- Attend weekly Clinical Core meetings and biweekly MADC staff meetings
- If needed and as time allows, assist with consenting and neuropsychology testing for the University of Michigan Memory and Aging Project (parent study)
- Assist with preparation of conference abstracts or manuscripts (as skill and interest permit)
- Ensure all study-related documentation is completed accurately
- Work collaboratively with MADC, Neurology, and Neuropsychology clinical trials teams
- Perform general office and administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, college degree or equivalent experience in a health science discipline
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer proficiency (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Confident and highly motivated with excellent multi-tasking ability and record-keeping skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner
- Ability to problem-solve and establish timelines and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or a health science discipline or equivalent education and 1 year of experience
- At least 1 year of clinical research experience
- Experience working and interacting with research participants
- Experience working with older adults with/without memory loss
- Research experience with investigator-initiated and federal sponsored trials
- Experience with electronic data entry in REDCap or another platform
- Demonstrated understanding of Good Clinical Practice and HIPAA
- A working knowledge of medical terminology and assessment of laboratory values
- PEERRS or CITI Program certified
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
To apply for this job please visit careers.umich.edu.