Over the past couple of months we have been working with the Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART) on a second season of our special Relay Podcast mini-series.
For those who missed the first season, you can catch-up now, on our website, or in your podcast app. The premise of the podcast is quite simple, we have five leading dementia researchers from different ISTAART Professional Interest Areas (PIA) who each take a turn at interviewing their colleagues and then being interviewed themselves.
This year we have Dr Joe Kane  representing the Lewy body dementias PIA, Professor Zahinoor Ismail  for the Neuropsychiatric Syndromes PIA, Professor Jennifer Whitwell  for the Atypical AD PIA, Dr Betty Tijms  for the great Neuroimaging PIA and finally Dr Claudio Babiloni  for the Electrophysiology PIA.
In these shows we hear about the individuals research, we discuss the work of each of the PIAs, what they have planned for the coming year, and hear about the hot topics in their research fields.
Through the podcasts, we hope you will get a taste of some of the amazing work going on in other research fields, and be inspired to join some of these great PIAs.Listen on our website from 7am each day  Subscribe in your favourite podcast app 
PIAs are an assembly of ISTAART members with common subspecialties or interests. If you are already an ISTAART member you can join as many as you like (don’t forget there is a dedicated PIA to Elevate Early Career Researchers, chaired by our own Adam Smith), just login to your account, and update your preferences.
For those who are not yet ISTAART members… what are you waiting for?
ISTAART members receive no-cost registration for the virtual Alzheimer’s Association International Conference® (AAIC®) and discounts on in-person registration + all the benefits listed below:
- Webinars on developing topics in the field and career advancement resources.
- Membership directory , which includes the ability to add and search for contact details, upload a photo and link your social media pages.
- Grant and funding announcements through the Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program .
- ISTAART Career Center  which includes a member-only coupon code to post a job at no charge ($299 value).
- Member e-newsletter featuring the latest developments in Alzheimer’s research, as well as career and funding opportunities.
- Member networking forums
- Students can also gain leadership opportunities by joining a PIA. PIAs offer mentorship and career guidance. They will also receive grant application notices, including special opportunities for postdocs, residents and other early career researchers.
- Have longer access to AAIC content, and extra time to submit abstracts + online subscription to Alzheimer’s & Dementia Journal.