The Source4Networks team, a partnership between NHS England and London South Bank University, is hosting new series of webinars entitled Focal Point.
The first webinar in the series will be on Monday 14 May, 3pm-4pm, on the topic of Building networks and releasing trapped knowledge, presented by Danny Ryan.
Danny is a National Medical Director’s clinical fellow with Kaleidoscope Health & Care, through the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management. He is a trauma and orthopaedic surgeon and has worked with national and European networks for trainee surgeons. He has worked with an international network of joint replacement registries and was part of the team creating an international network of doctors that founded the first pan-European summer school for orthopaedic training.
In this webinar, they will explore:
- The ‘snakes and ladders’ of setting up and sustaining a successful network – a case study approach
- How a ‘network’ approach can support collaboration beyond organisational boundaries to improve care and release ‘trapped knowledge’ and assets – working with community organisations, volunteers and others
Who it’s for:
Anyone involved in facilitating or leading any kind of network in health and care, in particular those with an interest in integrated care, working with volunteers, or social prescribing.
At the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify the opportunities and pitfalls to help build and sustain a network
- Identify how to engage members – existing and potential
- Recognise the importance of shared purpose and how to start creating a shared purpose
- Identify the benefits, challenges and practicalities of working across organisational boundaries.