Just a quick note to let you know that myself and Megan (the team behind Dementia Researcher) are taking a much needed break, and finishing for 2019 (check our podcast feed on Monday 23rd December for our 2019 end of year round-up). We will be back on the 2nd January and we are very much looking forward to continuing to support our Early Career Researcher community.
It has been a fantastic second year, and your continued support and feedback helps to fuel our work. Here are a few stats that might interest you:
- 1,046 people have subscribed to the site
- The site had over 20,000 visitors and 60,000 page views.
- 41% of our visitors were aged between 25-35 (so it looks like we’re getting to the right audience for our Early Career Researchers)
- Visitors to the site come from 137 different countries, the top five are: 1. UK, 2. USA, 3. Australia, 4. Netherlands, 5. India
- We have published 306 blogs and articles
- We have had 100 researchers, experts and people living with dementia contribute blogs and as panellists on our podcasts
- We shared details on over 250 events, 150 jobs and over 180 funding opportunities
As for the podcasts….
- 36 episodes published and available from our website and all major podcast apps
- 19,000 plays from 106 different countries
- Over 1000 regular listeners and subscribers
I would like to thank our partners Alzheimer’s Research UK and Alzheimer’s Society, supporters including UK Dementias Platform and UK Dementia Research Institute and those other sites who kindly allow us to share their content e.g. LSE Impact Blog, Thesis Whisperer, Nature Careers, Alz Forum etc. and everyone who has contributed to the blogs and podcasts, (special mention to bloggers Anna Volkmer and Clarissa Giebel) and everyone who joined the community, all those who have read our posts, listened to our podcasts and made use of the site.
We have so much more planned for 2020 (particularly for those overseas), and are looking forward to supporting you, the fantastic Dementia Researcher community.
Please do share this post, subscribe to our site, and consider leaving us reviews on your favoured podcast channel.