Updates in relation to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) are changing rapidly as the spread of the virus develops. The NIHR Dementia Researcher Team will be working from home but continuing to publish content, relevant to early career researchers, every day.
Below is a list of links / resources that you may find useful during this time.
Public Health England are constantly updating and adding to the advice and resources available to health professionals and the public:
- Information for health and care professionals is collated on this web page – https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/wuhan-novel-coronavirus
- Guidance for first responders and others who may have close contact with symptomatic people with potential Covid-19 infection. This can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-interim-guidance-for-first-responders
- Public facing resources PHE campaign resource centre
- Guidance for non-clinical settings https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/covid-19-guidance-for-non-clinical-settings-and-the-public
- Guidance for social care, community care and residential home settings https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19
- People outside the UK should visit the websites of their national health organisations for specific advice relevant to them, we also suggest keeping in contact with your host institution or employer for advice relevant to you.
Our WhatsApp ECR Community Group is there as a place to continue to congregate with other researchers. So if you want to participate with our resources review over the next three weeks, or just want a chat with others sharing your own experience of managing during this challenging time, please consider joining. Details on how can be found here: https://www.dementiaresearcher.nihr.ac.uk/support-resources/ask-an-expert/
If you would like to share your experiences of how you are continuing to manage your research, working from home, or would just like to share some tips and advice with other users via a blog drop us a line to email@example.com or tweet using the #ECRDementia