The three-year Dementia Care MSc is our flagship part-time postgraduate course and focuses on the main aspects of dementia.
Students come from a range of backgrounds including nursing, occupational therapy, social work and, increasingly, from a variety of roles in the voluntary sector. Units include:
- Perspectives On Dementia;
- Dementia And Social Inclusion;
- Communication From A Person Centred Perspective;
- Crisis And Complexity In Dementia Care;
- Evidence Based Practice In Dementia Care.
Teaching is delivered by a range of experts from The University of Manchester, practitioners in the field and people who are living with dementia.
NHS funding may be available for applicants from the north-west. Graduates often work in senior dementia-specialist roles in health and social care and go on to lead and inspire best practice.
( http://www.dementia.manchester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/ )