Want to make a difference and support a young person from disadvantaged backgrounds gain an insight into research?
in2scienceUK empowers students (year 12s) from low-income backgrounds to achieve their potential and progress to STEM research intensive degrees. They have over 2000 students sign up each year and are looking for volunteers to get involved and host a student for 1 to 2 weeks during the summer.
How it works:
- You’ll host a student who we’ve selected and interviewed for you for one-two weeks at your place of work during the summer.
- You’ll show them your work, introduce them to colleagues and speak to them about your career path.
- Each student will receive a travel and lunch bursary and pre-skills day workshop
- This activity counts as evidence of public engagement.
- You may earn points towards your research log
- Being enriched personally and professionally: starting to look at things from a fresh point of view, a different perspective and meet a different generation
- You will have the invaluable opportunity to meet young people, share your experience and make a real difference