The COVID-19 pandemic has refocused attention on society’s health. With increased life expectancy predicted to fuel age-related increases in heart disease, dementia, stroke, pulmonary disorders, and cancer, the pandemic has brought a greater urgency to understand how we can better manage these conditions.
Available with full and part-time study routes, the highly-relevant Biomedical Science postgraduate course at Salford is designed to guide science graduates and industry professional as they explore the underlying causes of these diseases and expand their knowledge about current and novel diagnostics and treatments of disorders.
Led by academics with track records in world-leading research, a key course focus is on personalised medicine, targeted therapies and medicine, and the move away from a ‘one size fits all’ treatment and care of patients with a particular conditions.
- Learn the key topics in biomedical science from international experts
- Learn the latest research based on cutting edge experimental techniques and direct engagement with biomedical communities
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary expertise in specialist subject areas, integrated with applied clinical laboratory skills
The Biomedical Science programme is available in flexible study formats, including full and part-time pathways. It comprises eight 15 credit taught modules, followed by a 60 credit research project.
- Full-time students will take modules in trimesters one and two, and complete the project module in trimester three. (one year full-time)
- Part-time students will spread their studies over trimesters one and two of two years, and complete the project module in year three. (three years part-time)
- Postgraduate Scholarship Skills
- Pathologies of Human Disease
- Immunology and Haematology
- Research Design and Delivery
- Inflammation and Cardiovascular Disorders
- Infectious Disease Control
- Professional Practice
- Research Project
Fees / EU fees
For entry in the 20/21 academic year, EU students will be charged the Home rate in the fees table below. From September 2021 onwards, EU students will be charged the International fee shown in the table.
- Full-time home / 2021/22 / £9,180per year
- Full-time international / 2021/22 / £15,030per year
- Part-time 2021/22 / £1,530 per 30 credits
Scholarships for international students
If you are a high-achieving international student, you may be eligible for one of our scholarships.
We have a range of scholarships available for students applying for courses in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. Our Global Gold Excellence Scholarship is worth £3,500 and our Global Silver Excellence Scholarship is worth £3,000 – both are available for students studying in our 2021/22 intakes.
We also offer the Salford International Excellence Scholarship which offers up to £5,000 discount on tuition fees. As this is a prestigious award we have a limited number of these scholarships available.
( https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/biomedical-science )