Year-round engagement with the Alz and dementia community and help stimulate scientific discussion in the field.
In 2008, the Alzheimer’s Association opened a new door to support the dementia research community by creating the International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART).
Researchers and clinicians
Today’s researchers join ISTAART to strengthen their scientific knowledge and network with their peers. Members enjoy exclusive benefits, participate in networking events and collaborate on papers and projects with fellow peers through participation in a Professional Interest Area (PIA).
Students and new investigators
The Association recognises that the future of Alzheimer’s research relies on students and those starting their careers in the field. ISTAART provides opportunities for networking, financial support opportunities to attend the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference and mentorship.
- Professional Interest Areas (PIAs) – groups of members with common subspecialties. Over 15 PIAs share research, author papers and provide forums for networking. PIAs are included at no extra cost to membership.
- [NEW] Webinars on developing topics in the field and career advancement resources.
- [NEW] Membership directory, which includes the ability to add and search for contact details, upload a photo and link your social media pages.
- Grant and funding announcements through the Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program.
- ISTAART Career Center which includes a member-only coupon code to post a job at no charge ($299 value).
- Member e-newsletter featuring the latest developments in Alzheimer’s research, as well as career and funding opportunities.
- Member networking forums, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- [Students] Gain leadership opportunities by joining a PIA. PIA’s offer mentorship and career guidance.
- [Students] Receive grant application notices, including special opportunities for postdocs, residents and other early career researchers.
- [Students] Explore the ISTAART Career Center, featuring job postings (including postdoctoral positions), a resume bank and other resources.